.

6.17.2010

Tony Jones

If you are a pretty regular reader of this blog, and you've read the blog titled "...Pray for Those Who Persecute You..." then you'll remember me writing about a man named Tony Jones... A man I had never met, yet had taken on the challenge to pray for everyday for a year. One year turned into two years, and now here we are today.

June 17, 2010 at 12:45 am Tony Jones went to dance with Jesus.

I weep at the thought of the family He left behind. Two little kids, a wife, a Father and a Mother... they rest in the shadow of the Most High.

My heart is broken, because I know that it is okay to mourn. It is okay to grieve, to cry, to feel the brokenness of this world. Because that is just what it is, broken. I weep because life is hard. Cancer sucks. I guess it's all part of the great fall.

I rejoice because of the promises that we find on the lines of God's love letter he left for us...

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in His holy dwelling. Psalm 68:5

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1

Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

Today, I was driving home from work with my windows down in 97 degree weather, blaring Hillsong out my windows... thinking the ol' max (my car) might explode... singing at the top of my lungs. The Holy Spirit was filling me with the Truth. Reminding me that He still sits on the throne.

"No weeping, no hurt or pain, no suffering... You hold me now. No darkness, no sick or lame, no hiding... You hold me now."

"All of my life, in every season, You are still God. I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship."

"I'm found in the arms of Love, for Your Love, it has saved my soul."

The Lord Reigns... Let the earth Be glad. Psalm 97.

I know He still sits on the throne. I will weep knowing the joy comes in the morning. We must fill ourselves up with the truth. Because the light overwhelms the darkness. Satan can't stand the truth, and He wont come anywhere near it.

Then you will know the truth,and the Truth will set you
free.
John 8:32

No comments:

Post a Comment