.

5.02.2010

Embrace It.

There is an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything under Heaven:

A time for birth and another for death,
A time to plant and another to reap,
A time to kill and another to heal,
A time to destroy and another to construct,
A time to cry and another to laugh,
A time to lament and another to cheer,
A time to make love and another to abstain,
A time to embrace and another to part,
A time to search and another to count your losses,
A time to hold on and another to let go,
A time to rip out and another to mend,
A time to shut up and another to speak up,
A time to love and another to hate,
A time to wage war and another to make peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

I read this tonight, and it hit me like a bag of rocks. Isn't it cool that there is a divine appointment for everything under Heaven? A time for everything. Sometimes I forget that. I get overwhelmed. I get stressed out. I get anxious... It never solves anyting. Those things aren't accounted for in the above list.

The bible says "...Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth, all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day..." (Psalm 139)

Have you ever experienced heartbreak? Loss of a parent? Rejection from a friend?

"The Lord will fulfill His plans for me.." (Psalm 138)

If you don't already know, You should know that I LOVE to share feelings. I'm an open book. It could be genetic, but its also a lifestyle. I am a firm believer in truly feeling and embracing every emotion. I think I grow this way.


Sencondly, I'm also extremely passionate about asking questions. I'm intrigued by the affect of asking questions.I think it builds relationships. However, the art of asking questions is perfected when the answers are listened to and valued.

These two things have shaped my relationship with Jesus.

Yes, there is a time for everthing under Heaven. Yes, my entire life has been spread out before God. Yes, He will fulfill His plan for me. All of these things are true.

Yes, I experience confusion. Yes, I wonder where God is going and what the heck He is planning. Yes, I fall short.. and Yes, I sceam and cry and question...

"My grace is sufficient..." 2 Cor 12:8

Even in my darkest hour, even when I'm hurting, even when I can't handle it anymore... Even when I feel alone, even when I want to quit, even when I struggle, even when I forget how to walk in love... Even when I feel unworthy, even when I feel dry, even when I'm confused: His grace is sufficient.

"I'm absolutely convinced that nothing- nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable- absolutely nothing can get between Me and God's love." Romans 8:38

Change is inevitable. Praise God that it all has already been mapped out.

The joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment