.

2.09.2010

Bucket List

A new phenomenon has been created. It's called The Buried Life, and if you've never heard of it it's a TV show of 4 boys who travel the United States attempting and completing different things they want to do before they die. However, that isn't their only goal. In every city they enter and for every thing they cross off their list, they help a stranger do something on his or her list. They end each show asking the question, "What do YOU want to do before you die?"
The question challenged me. The boys challenged me. What am I doing that is meaningful? What kind of impact am I making, if any at all? What do I want to do before I die? More importantly, What am I waiting for? But when I ask myself these questions, my mind is flooded with heavier ones... What I am doing to help other people obtain their goals? Their dreams?
"...whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor 10:31. Write a book. Travel to six continents. Fluently speak another language. Donate blood. Adopt a child. Plant a tree. Help build a house. Live among the homeless. Skydive. Be part of a flash mob. Have a pen pal. Bless someone, daily. All obtainable. What are we waiting for? And who might we meet along the way?
I am convinced that we meet nobody by accident, but purely by divine appointment. Changing THE world starts with changing ONE world. We each have our own story. To know, we must ask.
"Let the songs I sing bring joy to you. Let the words I say confess my love. Let the notes I choose be your favorite tune. Father let my heart be after you." -NeedToBreathe

No comments:

Post a Comment